Saturday, May 1, 2010

One Run Past a Good Week

Up until this evening's run, this running week was very good.  I had very good runs, including an 8-miler, well in the 8-something pace.  My right plantar didn't hurt (too much), and 24 hours after a run, I hardly felt it.  However, this evening changed all of that.

Suffice it to say, that if you have one or more of the following conditions, your run may not be considered 'a great run':

  • It's evening and you are used to running early in the morning
  • You just had a dinner-sized meal
  • It's 81 degrees, hot and sunny, when you are used to running in cooler temps when the sun is first rising
  • You didn't do pushups 'to exhaustion' earlier in the day
If you have done one or more of these items, or in my case, did all four, well, you may not have the best run.
This evening's run was kinda sucky.  It started out fine.  I ran 2 miles and I was tracking pretty well.  3 miles, and I was beginning to suffer a bit, 4 miles, and it was over.  I had to begin the first of several walking breaks.  Towards the last mile, I think I was walking at least half the time.  Fortunately, My Lovely Wife was driving home just when I was three-quarters of a mile home, jokingly asked if I needed a ride, and was surprised when I said 'Yes'.  Boy, it was a bad run.

However, I will have been glad to get some miles in today, because in the end, there are no 'bad' runs, because your worst run is better than not running at all (unless you are injured).

Total for the week 25.5, so that wasn't too bad.

1 comment:

web search said...

Thank you for your wonderful efforts