Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I Have Been Running, You Know

... Not that you've known from my posts, or lack thereof.  The past two weeks have sort of fizzled out.. Two weeks ago (or, the week of my most recent post), I ran nearly 14 miles.  Last week, I ran 14.25 miles.  Both weeks I didn't run Friday or Saturday.  This week's start wasn't much better.  I didn't run Sunday or Monday, but finally ran this evening... but only be bringing my running stuff to the office so that I could run before I went home and 'settled down' for the evening -- which is easy to do once you walk inside the front door.

Now, this past weekend, My Lovely Wife ran a half marathon!  She ran in the Marine Corps Historic Half in Fredericksburg, VA.  It was a good weekend, and good weather (although a bit warm my late morning on Sunday).  The whole family had fun.  She was very happy to get the race under her belt, and happy that it was a half marathon.

Now what.. I don't know.  I've been in a 'base training' mode for months now, and need to change it up a bit.  I need to figure out what sort of races there are this Fall, and also figure out what sort of distances I should consider.  Should I go for speed, and concentrate on 5k's?, or go the total opposite and walk/run an ultra?  What say you?