Saturday, June 21, 2008

Beach Run

Ran at Rehoboth Beach this morning. Got in late last night. We are at the beach with two other families and we have a full house. It's very nice and I'm going to enjoy the weekend. Ran 9.77 miles this morning (according to www.mapmyrun.com). I like this web site. It's similar to the usatf.org web site where you can map your run. The biggest difference with mapmyrun.com is that you can choose to 'follow roads'. Most of the time it works fine, but with confusing roads, or larger roads, it messes up. Overall though, it makes it faster to map the run, particularly on windy roads.

It was in the upper 60's or lower 70's this morning. The humidity was up this morning (it *is* the beach, after all), but around 7 of the 9.77 miles was good :-) I got tired at the end and my form started to deteriorate. I passed the Dewey Beach Seven Sisters Race this morning (it was actually the 6th Classic Catering 4 Miler). That was neat. I had no idea there was a race this morning. If we have known, perhaps My Lovely Wife and Number 1 Son may have run it.


Anyway, 9.77 miles at 8:53. Not bad.

Oh, I ran yesterday, a short 4 miler. I ran out of time in the morning so I got a quick 4 in. It was cool in the morning (low 60's) and I barely got a sweat in. It was nice.

No comments: