Saturday, June 7, 2008

12 days.. 2 runs

Well, I had high hopes in my last post (3 Days in a Row). Since that time, in 12 days, I have run a total of 2 times (both within the past 3 days). My weekly mileage has dropped from 32.68/week to 28.41/week. Not really a good trend. Hmmm....

I need to get out of this rut. My work life has totally overwhelmed my family life as well as my personal life. It's now June. My 50K is in early September (!). That's exactly 1 day short of 4 months away, or 16 weeks, or just long enough for a training program for a marathon. Hmmm....

I need to get my mileage up; starting running on trails; and get a short run in after a long run. Oh, did I mention that I need my mileage up? The good part is that my pace doesn't need to be too fast. I was trying to run at a 9:00 minute/mile pace for the marathon, but I'll certainly be happy with a net 12:00 minute/mile for the 50K. Of course, it's not on a road, but on a rocky trail, which will automatically slow me down. However, I'm hoping that some of my injuries will actually be reduced by running on the trails, rather than on the road. Still, Hmmm....

No comments: