Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A repeat of "3 Days in a Row"

Once again, I have run 3 days in a row! Quite a feat! Today, I ran 6.05 miles at a 8:57 pace. I only got that pace when I looked at my GPS at mile 4 and thought -- geez, I'm running slower than yesterday! So I hoofed it and ran a 8:50 mile 5 to get my overall pace just below a 9:00. Why, do you ask, would I do that? I don't know. It seems sorta like cheating in a way. Arbitrarily getting my pace down on a run where I normally wouldn't do that doesn't help me (too much). On the other hand, I *was* able to get my pace down, so the extra effort will pay off in better conditioning. However, the better conditioning would be better if it were thought out ahead of time, and done as a tempo run, or speed work or something.

babble babble babble. There's nothing much to say, really. A storm last night blew away the humidity, and they say the 4 day heat wave is over. The humidity was down this morning, but it was still 72 degrees at 5:00 am. It was a better run, weather-wise, though.

No comments: