Friday, January 22, 2010

Stress begets a run

Okay, around 3:30 am I woke up.  I tried to go back to sleep, but to no avail. So, at 4:00 am (ok, 4:06) I rose out of bed to see if the 'icy/wintery mix' had come through.  Since it was still 34 degrees, and not glazed over outside, a run was in order (those of you who track my blog are now thinking 'but John... don't you have those snazzy shoes with the screws in them for just such an event?  I mean, those screws weren't free you know, you need to get your money's worth!', well, yes, I thought that too, so even with an icy glaze, I think I would have gone running).

5 miles later, I felt less stressed (oh, why was I stressed? family member ill? something wrong at work? nooo... Cub Scout Pinewood Derby, of all things... sheesh!).  Lately, I have been pushing the pace a bit, trying to keep all my runs under a 9:00 min/mile pace.  Today was no exception.  I believe it was an 8:44.  Now, with all of 3 runs this week, it's nothing to write home about (but apparently, enough to write a blog entry about), but we'll see about tomorrow.  Tonight we are setting up the aforementioned Pinewood Derby and yours truly is MC'ing tomorrow (and will be wondering if the glue is going to hold -- the wheels (that is, the piece of wood I accidentally broke off while adjusting a wheel) as well as the weights... I'm not too sure about it!).

Maybe if I get up again early tomorrow, I can squeeze in 8-10.. That's asking alot right now though....

No comments: