Saturday, January 16, 2010

Downward Trend....

Well, this week wasn't that good.  I ran on Monday... then again today.  That's two whole runs this week, for 12 miles. Ehhhh... I just couldn't get motivated this week.  I need to race to sign up for, I think.  I've been eyeing the backyard burn runs, so maybe I just need to sign up for one.


Well, today, I ran 8 (easy, on trails).  It felt great.  I stayed off the pavement (well, mostly, as there were several stretches of paved surfaces on the trail), but overall, it was great.  I ran along the Rocky Run trail (http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/trailmap-rockyrunsv.htm) into Ellanor C Lawrence Park (http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/ecl/facilities.htm). Getting to the main trail at Ellanor C Lawrence park was the most difficult part of the trail (not that it was all that difficult), as it was the hilliest.  The Rocky Run trail was very flat except for a few gradual hills.  I would like to find additional trail runs around here without driving too far away.  I've done Burke Lake (again, not technical at all), Bull Run Regional Trail (semi-technical) and Rocky Run/Ellanor C Lawrence (again, not technical).  Once I get some mileage up, I can try to tackle Difficult Run (named after a creek, not the difficulty level), but, actually, it is a little difficult.  I can also go back onto the Fairfax County Cross County Trail (that's a mouthful), but I need to drive 20-30 minutes to get to a starting point.  blah blah blah, complain complain complain... :)


Well, at least I'm on track for running on trails on Saturdays!


No comments: