Thursday, January 29, 2009

Treadmill Day

Okay, last night, while driving back home in my neighborhood, the streets didn't look too bad. I thought, hmm, maybe I could run through my neighborhood, a slightly boring run, but it would be outside. Then, when I was leaving my car, I proceeded to slide down the driveway, finally slipping and falling to my knees. I think that it was then I realized that this morning, the roads and sidewalks would not be a safe place for me to run.

Fast forward, this morning, I went to the dreaded treadmill. I managed to get 6.00 miles in (not one one-hundredth of a mile more) at a 9:08 pace. Not too bad considering that at one point, it was all I could do to get past 4 miles. I listened to a good podcast on Pheippidations that talked about why runner's get injured. There was also a good race report on the Walt Disney Marathon that I thought My Lovely Wife should hear :) as it described a really *fun* race!

Anyway, pretty boring run, pretty boring post.

No comments: