Sunday, November 15, 2009

Whoo Hoo!


Whoo Hoo!  Done, completed, in the books.  Yesterday, I completed the 32nd running of the Richmond Marathon, in 4:09:04, or a 9:29 pace.  I'm glad I ran it, but I'm glad it's over :)


I'll try to compile a 'race review', but I'm still gathering my thoughts -- the weather beging beautiful, the race course very wonderul, the Lee bridge.. well, it's still the Lee bridge (uphill and facing a stiff wind).  Inspired by other runners (including a legally blind runner!), having my family (as well as my Lovely Wife's parents!) there at the finish line, learning that they were there at the 16 mile marker as well (but silly me not seeing them!), feeling only a bit of pain (this time in my left ankle, and not by left knee or right foot as expected), making it past the 18 mile mark without hitting the wall (but hitting it at 22), rounding the last corner to sprint at the end, and then realizing that I still have .2 miles to go (ouch).  Anyway, it's too much for right now, but all things considered, although it's not my best time, I felt great overall, and am very pleased with my overall effort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

4:09 is awesome. Congratulations on the achievement.