Saturday, November 7, 2009

7 Days to Go

Whew, got my last *sorta* long run in this morning.  Since there was so much to do today, I had to get up at a mighty early 4:32 am -- on a Saturday no less!  Anyway, I ran 12 miles, at a 8:59 pace, which is pretty fast for me right now.  I started out at a regular 9:30 pace for 7 miles, and then got tired of my normal podcasts and began listening to my Lovely Wife's playlist of songs.  I immediately got my pace up and ran the last 5 miles at around a 8:25 pace.  At first, I was just trying to tempo a mile or so, but it still felt good, and there was no pain, so I kept the pace up.  I'm happy with my run, and it'll be hard not to overdo my runs next week.  There's only 3 runs scheduled prior to race day, with the first one being 5 miles.  I'm going to do a MP on that one, and I don't know after that.  I definitely want my Friday run to be easy...

No comments: