Monday, December 29, 2008

4 days in a row

Okay, my titles aren't very original, but at least it provides information! Okay, over the holiday break, I managed to run -- you guess it -- 4 days in a row. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and today (Monday). I ran 6 miles with My Lovely Wife on Friday, 10 miles with My Lovely Wife on Saturday, 4.4 miles on Sunday, and 6 miles this morning. Boy, my legs are sore! I haven't run consistently in quite a long time. In looking at my training site (BuckeyeOutdoors.com) , I haven't run consistently since October, although I ran for a good week in November. Other than than, it's been very spotty, averaging about one (that's ONE) run per week for most of November and in December. I'm thinking of cross-referencing my run totals, the number of runs, along with my blog posts to see how I trended this year -- although I'm a little afraid of the results! That'll be part of my 'year in review', which I'm sure all 1 of you are really looking forward to.

Anyway, I ran my 'Heart Rate' Run this morning (defined in an early post here) . Boy, it hurt. Although I ran a slow pace (9:49 overall for 6 miles). But, I guess that's the result of running inconsistently over the past few months. But, I'm still glad I ran (4 days in a row), as the Shamrock Marathon is now just around the corner (March 21, 2009). I'll be running with My Lovely Wife. And although the pace will be slower than previous marathons, it'll actually be a harder run, as I'll be running for 5 or so hours -- which will be a longer time than any other run I've done -- ever!

No comments: