Monday, July 13, 2009

I forgot how to tie my shoelaces!

Last week was a good week. I ran 25.99 miles (had I known I was 1/100th of a mile short of 26...), including a long run at Burke Lake (9.2 miles) with my Montrail trail shoes. These shoes are huge. I got these shoes just before they totally remodeled their line. Montrail's trail running shoes now look a lot like regular running shoes. Mines, uh.. don't. Mine almost look like low cut hiking boots. They are pretty heavy to boot (get it?). Anyway, like all of my running shoes, the first thing I did was to replace the shoelaces with the Yankz shoelace replacement system (long words for replacing the shoelaces with elastic, to avoid tying your shoes). I like the Yankz because you can adjust the tension (tightness) very easily. In the past, my shoes would always be too loose or too tight, and of course, they would untie occasionally.

However, given the sheer bulk of the Montrail shoe, plus the uneven terrain, the Yankz didn't work too well. So, Friday night, I replaced the Yankz with the original shoe laces.

Wow, just re-reading this blog, and I noticed that I have spent a long time explaining shoe laces. What an exciting post!

This week? Hopefully, a good week. I just started the Yasso Intermediate Marathon training program for the Richmond Marathon. The official training time isn't until the week of July 26, but I'll be on a Cub Scout camping trip that entire week, so I figured I would start early. I'm adjusting the training plan a bit as I would like to do 10 miles on my long run this week. We'll see!

No comments: