Thursday, November 27, 2008

Hello, My Name is....

Hi, My name is John. I write a blog sometimes.....

Gosh, I haven't posted since November 6. Of course, I haven't run much since yet. It's almost like I should be saying: "It's been two weeks since my last confes... er, run".

Well, this week was pretty good. Now, I haven't run since November 6 (until last Saturday). I ran 4 miles last Saturday, and 16 miles so far this week. My motivation was, well, pretty bad. All I could think of is an old Simpson's episode where Bart needed to sit and wait during school, so he's watching the clock, tick slower... and slower... and slower.. and then the ticking stopped, and then, the sweep hand (second hand) actually went backward. That's how my motivation was lately.

Hopefully, I'm past that. Most of the push was realizing that the Shamrock Marathon is about 16 weeks away (!) I'm running with My Lovely Wife, and I'm looking forward to that, but I need to get trained up for that! So... I'm running :)

No comments: